I was tagged by: =Knibitz
1. You must post these rules.
2. Each person must post 10 things about themselves on their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you, and create ten (10) new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 10 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5. No tag backs.
6. No nonsense in the tagging section about "you are tagged if you're reading this.
7. You have to tag 10 people.
My Ten Things:
1) I absolutely love cats, nothing compares to my love of cats haah
2) I have an insane addiction to Starbucks, I estimate I've spent /atleast/ $400 since February.
3) I just moved out of my parents house last month and I've really been enjoying having a fully functioning office to do faceup work. It really speeds up work having a separate place I don't have to tear down when I'm done.
4) I live in a house with 4 cats OvO I really really like cats.
5) Despite owning so many girls and taking pictures of them all the time, Sourio is my number one favourite doll.
6) I work in an art store which is terrible for my wallet haaah, I buy so much stuff spontaneously but it also means I get to see all the new fancy stuff and get to try out stuff I never even looked at before.
7) In my off time when I'm not working or painting dolls I cosplay, I'm working on Rose Bride Utena for this con season (a month and a half to go w-weh)
8) I really enjoy sewing but I'm so lazy I never end up sewing anything for my dolls.
9) I'm probably the least creative artist you'll ever meet, I'll always default back to what I'm used to if given the choice. I'm just terrible with coming up with ideas.
10) My favourite cat's nickname is Bunny, which came from the fact I named him Easter (so Easter > Easter Bunny > Bunny). I still don't know why I named him that...I got him no where near Easter. But I was 8 so god knows why hah.
1) Is your storyline your own? or does it include characters/doll's of other people
My "storyline" is half mine, half ~george16
. We've had a bunch of storylines and characters together for the past 9 years hah.
2) I think we're all pretty hardcore BJD collectors - was there a moment that you knew this wasn't just "a phase"?
I think it was the moment the faceup business took off, at that point I realized that even if I wanted to leave the hobby I probably wouldn't as long as the money was good and I still enjoyed painting dolls hah. I couldn't imagine still painting them but not owning a single doll.
3) Which came first? Photography or Dolls?
Well I was always interested somewhat in photography but never enough to go out and buy a camera of my own until dolls came along hah.
4) Do you prefer girl dolls or boys?
Girls all the way even if I forever swoon over certain boys.
5) A thief steals all of your dolls except for one. Who do you hope is left?
Oh god I hope it's Souchow. I could replace all my other dolls and repaint them without batting an eyelash, but Souchow is just so perfect he's had the same faceup for years. I dread the day I have to repaint him ; A;
6) If a company asked you to become an official photographer for their company, which company would you hope it was?
Crobidoll! So many pretty boys I could ogle.
7) You could spend a "dolly day" with any 5 doll owners. Who are they?
Oh maannnn this is just gonna turn into my dolly idols and who'd I think would just be cool to talk to in general but I'm too shy to ever approach w-weh. *Na7s
(So many pretty pretty boys, I could spend hours ogling Hassan and talking about AC), *lipslock
(Because she seems so cool and all of her dolls are so sosososo pretty ;A
(Her dolls are so stylish and cool I imagine she's really stylish and cool too), *justchien
(ahhhh I just want to absorb all of her faceup and drawing abilities....not to mention spend forever talking about Young Justice), Aki-chan/AUC (cause waaaahhh everything she sews is so beautiful and I want her talent to rub off on me haaahh), and oh god so many other people. I JUST WANT TO TALK TO/HANG OUT WITH EVERYONE, YOU'RE ALL SO COOL ; A;
8) Have dolls ever gotten you into other hobbies?
Photography for sure! Other then that not particularly haha all my other hobbies came before dolls.
9) What was the greatest compliment you've ever received on your dolls?
Ahh anyone saying they're a fan of my dolls or anyone really being a return customer with my faceups.
10) Making any plans to come to the 2014 dolly convention in Niagara?
A couple thoughts but no real plans hah.
As for questions uhhh lets try this:
1) What's your absolutely favourite doll company?
2) Is there a type of doll you wish existed but doesn't? (skin colour, body type, ethnicity?)
3) What do you like the most about owning dolls?
4) If you could own any one single doll in the world, what would it be?
5) Is there something you wish you could do with dolls but can't? (Faceups, sewing ect)
6) How do you store your dolls when not "playing" with them?
7) Have you met any meaningful friends through dolls?
8) If you could make your living doing something through dolls, what would it be?
9) If you could meet one doll owner in person, who would it be?
10) Has owning dolls improved any skills? (sewing, photography ect)